Clear all

TWP 1500 Colors

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@g_gd3ifrwi_70-192-198-178)
Topic starter  

I'm looking for some advice on semi transparent colors of the TWP 1500 series. Have a deck that gets alot of sun and has been stripped of old bad sealer and is now looking like new again. Wanted to use a color that leans more towards the brown or tan tones vs. cedar/red/orange. I dont want it too dark, but something that might give a little color and the needed protection from greying. Thx.

Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993
(@administrator)
Member Admin

We really like the Honeytone and the Cedartone colors for the 1500 Series.

ReplyQuote
(@jennifer)

I recently stained my deck with TWP 1500 california redwood. It's a 14X30 deck. We first pressure washed the deck, then applied Olympic cleaner, scrubbed and presssure washed again. Then we found out about TWP so ordered teh cleaner/brighener combo and 5 gal stain. the cleaner/brightener is amaizing, the deck looked just laid when we were done. The California redwood still allows you to see the grain. I am going to try to attach a photo. One note, the cleaner combo if you follow the directions (3/4c per gal for cleaner and 1c/gal for brightener) there isnt enough powder to make 5 gals of brightener. Oh and another thing we did was used a yard sprayer (plastic pump kind) to apply stain to deck floor..made the process easier.

ReplyQuote
(@jennifer)

Loading three photos:
1) cleaned deck (and per my other post i think you could def. skip the olympic part, we only did it bc we hadnt yet found TWP).

2) stain going on but floor still bare so you can see difference. Please ignore the play button it was a video so i just send a photo version of the video.

3)completed deck stain still wet in bright sun.

hope this helps someone we had a really hard time figuring out what color to pick but the factors we considered:
-our house is yellow and didn't want a yellow or gold
tinted stain (honey)
-we wanted to see the wood grain
-we needed a color to help improve life and protection
of stain since we get insane amounts of sun in the
afternoon (we live in Atlanta)

Oh and so you know we had tons of sweet gum tree trash staines on the deck - the cleaner took it all right out...can't reccomend that stuff enough, best $50 you'll spend.

ReplyQuote
(@jennifer)

1) dry next to yellow house
2) dry on overcast day
3) dry on overcast day (from beam back is covered with tin roof which is why it looks darker)

ReplyQuote
Scott Paul ~ Restoring Wood & Decks Since 1993
(@administrator)
Member Admin

Jennifer, I am impressed! You did not excellent job with the entire process!

ReplyQuote
Share: